The Media Institute is a nonprofit research foundation dedicated to advancing freedom of speech and sound communications policy. Over the past quarter century, the Institute has become one of the country’s leading “think tanks” specializing in First Amendment and communications policy issues. The Institute publishes books and policy papers, files comments with the FCC and other federal agencies, submits friend-of-the-court briefs to federal courts (including the U.S. Supreme Court), and provides forums for policymakers and media experts.
Media Institute programs include the following:
- National Freedom of Speech Week (www.freespeechweek.org)
- Communications Forum Luncheon Series, Washington, D.C.
- National CyberEducation Project
- Freedom of Speech Award and American Horizon Award
- “Perspectives” and “Policy Views” issue paper series
- “Media & Communications Policy” blog